Saturday, August 2, 2008

Comment of the Week Award



photo credit-andybee21

creative commons license


Having been tagged by Maddy a while ago with the dubious distinction of having the "Comment of the Week" on her blog (and she, in turn, was inspired for this award by Scribbit) I hereby, by the power invested in me as the owner of this blog, and without too many further commas in this endless sentence, bestow my first "Comment of the Week" award to my fellow Midwesterner Marla for her comment on my "Kids Say the Darndest Things" post where she said:

I love it! Hey, I would be all for just 'compunicating' with our doctors. That would save a lot of time. ;)

What a little smartie.


Besides being a fellow Midwesterner and a parent to an autistic child thru adoption, Marla is a lot of things that I am not, like artistic (she has some great photos, check them out) and a natural writer who provides a window into her feelings thru her blog where she follows the adventures she, her daughter Maizie, and her husband Joe (what a great name for a husband!) have.

Anybody that can come up with a new word (Compunicating) that so eloquently describes something deserves an award.

Feel free to pass this on as you see fit, Marla. It seems to be a fairly loosy goosey award.

4 comments:

Maddy said...

Yeah! [you were top of the hub list today so here I am - perfecto = that's Italian I think]

Yeah Marla - those awesome photographs put me to shame too.

cheers

Maddy said...

Link to Marla? Tsk, tsk, tsk!
Cheers

Marla said...

Wow! You are too sweet! Thank you very `much for my award. I love it! First of all I would like to thank the academy.

The only problem is....I would love to take credit for coming up with the word 'compunicating'......sorry to say I did not. I don't know who came up with it but it has been around for a while. I love the word since we do a whole lotta compunicating here. Especially when Joe(my hubby) is in New Jersey for five days straight...again. Sigh.

Thank you again for this honor. I especially appreciate the high praise regarding my photographs. Being an at home mom I love getting praise.

Club 166 said...

Sorry I didn't respond last night. Am on the road and couldn't get a connection thru the "free wi-fi".

That link to Marla up above works, what's your problem, Maddy??? :)

I notice that unlike me, Marla turned this award around right away, and passed it on already.

Women are so much more organized than most men. Oh, well.

Joe